Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer 2015 Reading List

Here it comes! Summertime! And that means a couple of things for this girl: as much pool/beach time as possible, eating too many cherries at once and regretting it later, annnnd summer reading list!

Here are the the ones I definitely want to get to, and a few I've already checked off the list:

summer reading



1. Gone With the Wind: According to two reliable friend sources, it is a travesty that I haven't read this. So this summer I will be crossing this one off my list #taraforever.

2. The Girl on the Train: This is the big one right now, so I've got to. Jennifer Aniston instagramed it so... yea. I'll be reading that.

3. Let's Pretend this Never Happened: Supposed to be laugh out loud hilarity from a great blogger.

4. The Mists of Avalon: I have never read this and I just thought it was time. I'm right in the middle of it currently and I looooove anything Camelot related. I think The Once and Future King will always be my fave, but this one is also real good.

5. The Royal We: I already finished this one and I have told every person I've spoken to this summer to READ THIS BOOK. I am not ashamed. It is amazing. AND EVEN THE NEW YORK TIMES THINKS SO: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/books/cool-beach-books-for-hot-summer-days.html.

6. The King's Curse: I won't lie to you, I always like a good Phillippa Gregory. Whatevs I do what I want. Great beach reads.And NPR thinks so too: http://apps.npr.org/best-books-2014/

7. Sharp Objects: The last of Gillian Flynn's debut novels I need to read. I am excited.

8. Then Again: I love a good biography and this lady is fascinating. Done & done.

I tend to like lighter fare for reading during the summer months. Then I save the classics and life changers for the fall. Happy summer reading to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment