Friday, October 16, 2009

Fun-Employed!

Here we go everyone, my first blog. As a currently un-employed newlywed with a very busy husband and no cable, I decided that blogging just might be a good use for all of my free time. As it turns out Utah doesn't have an immediate need for a musical-loving, swim-instructing, california-dreaming history graduate (with no sales experience). Go figure. So what is a girl to do? Surf the internet of course! Between craigslist applications and Mad Men, I have discovered the world of blogging! I was inspired by a couple blogs but one in particular; myhusbandisannoying.com. It's a gem :) and although I probably won't be writing specifically about the quirks of my new husband, the humor of the blog inspired me anyway.

As the title of the blog illustrates; I'm not un-employed, I'm fun-employed! In my last month and a half of searching I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible. Such as; wedding thanks yous within a month, painting our bedroom elizabethan yellow (inspired of course by The Tudors), kind of learning the guitar, reading The Hours (seriously), and re-arranging the furniture about 12 times. I have also finished every episode of Mad Men, Gilmore Girls, The Tudors, Sex & the City, Glee, and Project Runway; eaten cheeseburgers at 6 of the burger stands in town (james & I are trying to find the best), taken 5 day-long trips to Ikea, and seen every Oprah since August 31. So if anyone has and job they need filled, or just more TV shows on dvd let me know and I'll take care of it. Next up: making a perfect Hot Chocolate Suffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment