Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Year in Review


The New Year is upon us! James and I took a break from sleeping in too late, eating see's candy, watching lots of movies, and generally avoiding all other people (we like to call it hiding from the world, and it is the best) to do a little New Year's Year in Review. I have included the list below for  posterity and/or our parents (hi mom!):

1. What was your favorite book you read this year?
J: The Martian, but I re-read Animal Vegetable Miracle this year and loved it again.
B: I Must Say/The Royal We (DON'T JUDGE ME)

2. What was your favorite guilty pleasure movie/TV Show this year?
B: Cinderella/Reign or RuPaul's Drag Race or The Great British Baking Show
J: The Martian/The Chef's Table (doc on Netflix)
B: I obviously watch a lot more guilty pleasure TV...

3. What was your favorite song/album this year?
B: Hamilton Original Broadway Cast or Hozier or Adele (the song"Only One" by Kanye was also a fave)
J: George Ezra/Brenna singing Adele's "When we were young"
B: BUT ALSO "Downtown" by Macklemore we danced SO HARD to that
J: Agreed. Also slow dancing to "Nightswimming" with you in the living room

4. What was your favorite moment of this past year?
B: On a boat off the Napali Coast in Kauai, when I turned to you, smiled, and said "I feel right now like nothing could ever be wrong ever again"
J: SAME. Also, swinging in the hammock with Caesar in the summer waiting for you to come home from work
B: ...And also TSwift concert with Mal
J: Obviously.

5. What was an unexpected challenge?
J: Time management. Getting used to a new/different schedule.
B: Unexpected health things and the dentist. But the dentist was not unexpected. I always hate the dentist.

6. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
J: You. Family & friends. Typical.
B: You. Fambam!

7. What was your single biggest time waster this past year?
J: Sleeping in too late
B: Samsies. Also, facebook-- that's why I'm facebook free in 2016!

8. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
J: Disciplining myself to get things done, which meant less stress when I was with you.
B: Serving others. Choosing to be kind, even when it was hard.

9. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
J: I learned how to better listen to and help others, which helped me grow emotionally
B: Know yourself and take care of yourself (or in this case, myself)

10.  Create a motto for 2016:
J: Swim for the good feeling
B: I am reaching for something higher
Family motto: I gotta feeling, this year's for me & you

This was a pretty settled year for us. No big life changes, same jobs, same house, same puppy digging holes in the backyard. But, it was beautiful in its simplicity. Such lovely monotony. The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

How lucky am I to have been given the gift of time. More time with James. More time to grow and to learn and to know myself better. The big changes/challenges always come, so for now I am happy with the same old, same old good stuff.

I am a truly grateful girl.

Another year in the books-- hope your new year is bright and happy and full of all the things you love best. Byyyyeeeee 2015. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment